Normally closed mini pushbutton switch. Do they exist?

popcalent

Joined Mar 17, 2018
Hello. Do normally closed mini pushbutton switches that are breadboard friendly exist?

I'm referring to this type:

switch1.jpg

All I found is this type, which exist as both NC and NO, but this is not what I'm looking for:

switch2.jpg

I have only seen the first type as normally open. Perhaps I'm not using the correct term to search what I want (I've tried Google, eBay, and Amazon), but my guess is that they don't exist. Thanks!

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
NC pushbuttons are hard to find in that form and so far I've not found any suitable ones. Which is why I keep a few of these in my breadboard components box.

1703042424979.png

popcalent

Joined Mar 17, 2018
If you carefully bend the contacts, you may be able to use these.

RT3301AF260Q E-Switch | Switches | DigiKey

The keyword you want to search is "NC tactile switch".
Thanks for your reply. That's exactly what I'm looking for except for the part where the contacts are upside down. Why would they do them like that? It says it's for surface mount...

Anyway, I tried to bend the contacts on a regular NO tactile switch that I have here, and I broke the contact on the second bend. On the first try, it was kind of flimsy already... If I can't find exactly what I want, I'll buy a few of those you linked and give them a try. But I'm worried I'll end up breaking the contacts before I can get to use them.

popcalent

Joined Mar 17, 2018
NC pushbuttons are hard to find in that form and so far I've not found any suitable ones. Which is why I keep a few of these in my breadboard components box.
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I have these, and the ones in the second picture I posted. I would like to find the NC version of the ones in the first picture, though.

Hello. Do normally closed mini pushbutton switches that are breadboard friendly exist?

I'm referring to this type:

View attachment 310381

All I found is this type, which exist as both NC and NO, but this is not what I'm looking for:

View attachment 310382

I have only seen the first type as normally open. Perhaps I'm not using the correct term to search what I want (I've tried Google, eBay, and Amazon), but my guess is that they don't exist. Thanks!

TWTADE 160PCS Momentary Tactile... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C7211PJ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
NC tactile switches are generally used for either recessed RESET (like on a router) or tamper switches. Altough you can theoretically get standard, NC tactile switches from someone like Bourns with the 7914 series, no one seems to stick them which gives you an idea of demand.

You can get two-terminal, low profile tamper switches which are not in the stanard 5.5mm tactile switch format. Those are the type usually used in tamper applications.

Why are the terminals reversed on the E-Switch NC version? Becasue it is intended to be operated through a hole in the PCB, almost certainly as a tamper switch.