nor Layout 1-error debug!

Thread Starter

perplexabot

Joined Jul 3, 2012
15
Hello all. I am currently trying to make a nor gate layout. I extracted the mos's from the schematic and made the connections. It passed DRC but failed LVS with only one mismatch. Any help will be much appreciated. I have attached the layout and the output file, I can attach the schematic too if need be (please let me know). Thank you for reading.

 

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
33,196
Not a lot to go on.

It appears that the problem might be that you have a floating NWELL which is, perhaps, being extracted as a parasitic capacitor.

Could you post the two netlists?

BTW: Other than the floating NWELL, the layout looks correct, if I am correct in assuming what the various layers are, but it sure is a very poor layout and could be tightened up enormously. Remember, silicon real estate is very expensive.
 

Thread Starter

perplexabot

Joined Jul 3, 2012
15
Thank you for your reply. I am assuming by floating nwell, you mean the body of the middle pmos? In my schematic that is connected to the pmos' source. I didn't use analog environment, i used nc-verilog to simulate. I will try and extract the netlists now and edit this post with them. Sorry for my late reply.

PS: I know this layout is poor : ( I have seen really fancy ones online, but I have no idea how to make "monolithic" transistors. Do i need to make my own transistors following DRC rules or could you somehow merge the two extracted pmos' from the layout? This is kind of off topic so sorry for that.
 

Thread Starter

perplexabot

Joined Jul 3, 2012
15
Yes. Look at M3 of the extracted netlist. The bulk is connected to Node 2, which is floating. The source is Node 1.
So how do I connect the nwell to the source? I assumed that since I had the metal1 path going from the drain of the top pmos to the source of the bottom one, the metal1 will be in contact with the bottom pmos' source?
 

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
33,196
I don't know the layout layers in your drawing, so I have to make some assumptions. You have the top NWELL abutting the area above it, which I am assuming is Vcc and has an N+ implant below it. That could be giving you the bulk tie.

You normally put ohmic contacts into the wells and tie them to the source or, in logic layouts, to Vcc directly.
 
Top