No signal at ECL COUNTER output. Please help.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
Check the pin 26(MR) first, if it is about 3.3V(or a high level) then you have to make a CR power reset circuit to MR. (MR should be a high level pulse)

What's the purpose of H,L and what are they? (are they just the labels?)

Deleted member 115935

Joined Dec 31, 1969
I’m new to ECL and not seeing output pulses at U15-19 (expecting 925.926 kHz) or at the U16 and U17 outputs. Do I have suitable resistors at pin 27 and P0..P7? (U23 is ECS-3951M-1000-BN-TR.)
View attachment 184364
You don't want to use the TC output as a clock input
it glitches, you need to use t as an enable

Also
ECL is not push pull, you need resistor to a Vtt , else you will get no outputs,

jgabura

Joined Aug 20, 2019
Check the pin 26(MR) first, if it is about 3.3V(or a high level) then you have to make a CR power reset circuit to MR. (MR should be a high level pulse)

What's the purpose of H,L and what are they? (are they just the labels?)
Thank you Scott, I followed your suggestions. Pin 26 measured 3.137 V. I pulsed MR high with no change in behavior. H and L are just labels.

jgabura

Joined Aug 20, 2019
You don't want to use the TC output as a clock input
it glitches, you need to use t as an enable

Also
ECL is not push pull, you need resistor to a Vtt , else you will get no outputs,
It looks like I overlooked Vtt here and will follow that up. Please clarify your suggestion to use t as an enable? Thanks for your help Andrew.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
Thank you Scott, I followed your suggestions. Pin 26 measured 3.137 V. I pulsed MR high with no change in behavior. H and L are just labels.
The MR pin is used to accept a high pulse and stay on low level voltage as GND, normally it is active a high level voltage at the power up or what time that you want to clear all output pins Q0~Q7 , since you already used the PE function then try to connects the MR pin to Ground.