Nice video on silk screening PCBs

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I have often wondered how silk screening of PCBs are done. I ran into this video on youtube while searching on another subject. I thought it would be of interest. Looks like an awful lengthy project probably not worth it for DIY.

Dr.killjoy

Joined Apr 28, 2013

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Tried toner transfer method once didnt end up looking good.Half of the lines didnt transfer or were smudged.
Transfer the image to the PCB. Do not touch. Spray with a couple of coats of clear acrylic. I have done it many times works great.

The great thing about toner transfer is you can have any color you want just as long as it is black. :)

Assuming you do not have a color printer.

Has anyone tried to use a color printer for this?

ISB123

Joined May 21, 2014
Transfer the image to the PCB. Do not touch. Spray with a couple of coats of clear acrylic. I have done it many times works great.

The great thing about toner transfer is you can have any color you want just as long as it is black. :)

Could be that my silkscreen had too thin lines.

Dr.killjoy

Joined Apr 28, 2013

Are you talking inkjet printer or laser color printer ??

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
I have often wondered how silk screening of PCBs are done. I ran into this video on youtube while searching on another subject. I thought it would be of interest. Looks like an awful lengthy project probably not worth it for DIY.

Interseting.;)

I gave all my PCB to my friend for making. He used this silk screening method but he refused to tell me how he did them and the chemicals he used. Now I finally know how it was done.

Allen

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
I have also done this PCB but the printer was from market.
It take lot of time.
Removing cu then drilling with hand accurately.
and after this i give order for PCB to someone he has made but i was tired to use it and place led on it it is was taking lot of time and need perfection so, i decided to buy module and assemble and sell.