Newbie question about the DFPlayer Pro mp3 player from DFRobot

geokov

Joined Feb 11, 2022
Hello all :)

I am new here and also new to hobby electronics. I have a basic question about the DFPlayer Pro mp3 player from DFRobot: https://www.dfrobot.com/product-2232.html

I have it wired and working in my project but have one question. I would like it to auto play the track I have loaded when it first receives power. I do not want to have to press the play button that is on the board or control it with an Arduino. I just want it to play the sound effect when I turn on the power switch to my project. I don't have a problem with the wiring for the power of the attached speakers, just getting it to auto play.

I have looked through the wiki information and could not find the answer.

Thanks!

geokov

Joined Feb 11, 2022
I tried setting it up with the PLAY button grounded, it doesn't auto play the track. I have to ground the pin after startup to get it to play. Also, even though there is only one sound effect loaded, I am hearing a spoken word at power up that is not my track.

geokov

Joined Feb 11, 2022
Also, when I power up the player, it plays a female voice saying the word "music" over and over. Only after I push the play button, can I play my own track. I connected the player to my computer and I only see my own track there, where is the word "music" coming from and how can I get rid of it?