Newbie confused with audio amplifiers TAS5805M

Manoj Kumar_1449581122

Joined Dec 8, 2015
Hello, I've looked for amp found, TAS5805M.
I would want to know is this amp possible to do audio blending ? I would want to stream 2 channel audio and expect to hear mix. How to set it up ? I could not find a example on this

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
That amplifier is not a mixer. Something like the LM381 preamp can be easily configured as a mixer, but it is analog. If you have to handle digital signals without analog conversion before mixing I can't help having never done that.

The LM381 is old, there may be newer/better options, but the datasheet should show an application for mixing which would get you an idea.

Good luck.

Manoj Kumar_1449581122

Joined Dec 8, 2015
That amplifier is not a mixer. Something like the LM381 preamp can be easily configured as a mixer, but it is analog. If you have to handle digital signals without analog conversion before mixing I can't help having never done that.

The LM381 is old, there may be newer/better options, but the datasheet should show an application for mixing which would get you an idea.

Good luck.
Thanks. Yes i will be streaming digital audio and drive the speaker with class D amp. Prefer a IC can do both mixing and amplification.