New to SIDs and electronics, help on a circuit charging a battery using induction

jgor1995

Joined Apr 15, 2020
I made a very poor attempt (shown here) of creating this circuit, but I hope it gives some of the info needed to offer help.
The circuit is supposed to charge a 2.7v battery using induction (I only need the receiving end), and a button is pressed to activate a ceramic heating element (12v,24VA,1.4 resistance). I have no idea if this is the right thread for this, and I know that my SID sucks a lot, but I have never done this and am just hoping for some direction/help. thanks
:)

btw-I know that the inductor part of the circuit is completely wrong, that's what I mainly need help with

Last edited by a moderator:

jgor1995

Joined Apr 15, 2020
I am brand new to electronics and circuits and need help adding a component into a circuit. The circuit has a 3.7v battery wired to a resister (1.4 ohms) that is connected to a heating element (12v,24VA). This is what I currently have here, and I am trying to add in an inductive charger. The charging unit I am using is attached below (only need receiving terminal), and I do not know how I add it to my current SID. Could anyone please help?

Attachments

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Start with a simple Google of "wireless battery charger circuits" . While over the years they have improved they really are not that great for transfer of current. They started out years ago for use in electric toothbrushes and figure how many min you brush verse how much time the battery charges. You will find circuits in the link with good coil descriptions and "how to".

Ron

jgor1995

Joined Apr 15, 2020
HeatingCircuit.png
I made an attempt at creating this. The Left half is the receiving terminal for the inductive charging, and the right half has the battery wired up to the simple circuit. Is there anything wrong with this? (I don't have the values at the moment, just assume they're correct)
Would this circuit work, and if not, what do I need to add and where?

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Any reason we no longer assign components designations and values? I like the box in the middle, that's a nice touch. I gave you a link to a bunch of circuits. Drawings or schematics lacking component values are useless.

Ron