New to sensors, not sure how to power them

Chealy

Joined Nov 8, 2021
I’m working on a design project and need to power 4 different sensors (torque, temperature, pressure and flow rate). I’m new to this and not sure where to start. 3 of them have a minimum excitation voltage of 5 VDC. The pressure sensor has a minimum of 9V. What would be easiest way to go about wiring and powering them. Thanks!

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
What is the maximum supply voltages the sensors can take?
For example, if the 5Vdc sensor can operate from 9Vdc then you could use 9Vdc for everything.

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
It might also depend on the environment. Industrial is typically 24 vdc, If the output is current as in 4-20. 0-10 vdc is common as well.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
I’m working on a design project and need to power 4 different sensors (torque, temperature, pressure and flow rate). I’m new to this and not sure where to start. 3 of them have a minimum excitation voltage of 5 VDC. The pressure sensor has a minimum of 9V. What would be easiest way to go about wiring and powering them. Thanks!
This would go much, much better with part numbers and links to the sensors data sheets. Depending on the exact sensors used often the excitation voltage needs to be extremely stable for the sensor to provide a stable accurate output.

Ron