New To Projects. Need some help

Mwhite0788

Joined Feb 22, 2015
Hi,
I am working on rewiring a Bingo Flash Board. It has 80 Lights 5 which stay on all the time and 75 which i will have hooked to switches. The way that the Board Worked Previously is it had a Power Transformer that Linked to a 5V Bridge Rectifier. What i am going to do is direcly connect each switch to its corresponding bulb. What i need to figure out woud be the best way to ensure that I am getting enough power to all the bulbs to light them.
Should use multiple Bridge Rectifiers In Line with the Transformer instead of trying to Get all the power from one?
I can supply more information as required. Just starting off and am trying to figure out where to go. I already have the switches and the Lamp Holders, as they came from the original Bingo Flashboard.

Thanks,

M.

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
You need to know the total current of all the bulbs when lit, then choose a bridge rectifier to fulfil your need as one will do.

Mwhite0788

Joined Feb 22, 2015
You need to know the total current of all the bulbs when lit, then choose a bridge rectifier to fulfil your need as one will do.
The Bridge Rectifier is an exact replacment of the original Specified.
on And According to the Manual Trouble Shooting I should get 28 Volts AC on the AC side of the Bridge Rectifier, which is also what i am getting out of the Transformer.

And i was wrong its not a 5V bridge rectifier it is 28 VDC output on the Bridge Rectifier.

Like i said I understand how power flows and such, but I am new to using Bridge Rectifiers, and How it works with Multiple Bulbs being lit at once..

Thanks,

Joined Nov 30, 2010
The rectifier doesn't care, as long as you don't exceed its current rating. That's why we need to know about the bulbs to calculate the current.

and yes, why do you even need a rectifier?

Mwhite0788

Joined Feb 22, 2015
When there was a Circut Board (which is what failed and i am trying to get rid of) it required a Bridge Rectifier, So I just assumed it was necessary for either the switch or the bulb.

So how do I get the Current Requirements of the Bulbs?

Thanks,

Joined Nov 30, 2010
You need 8 amps of 28 volts. One way is to use your 20 volt transformer rated at least 260 VA with a rectifier and about 18,000 microfarads to smooth the power out, or you can get a 28 volt transformer rated at 8 amps.

izon

Joined Mar 17, 2013
Hi "Mwhite"
I've worked a few times on a "Bingo Board" at a local American Legion club. Usually minor things and the various lights, which indicate the number last called, are
triggered on via a circuit board. They don't use any mechanical switch for that and I'm not that well versed in the digital side of how much of this is accomplished.
Not sure how you are going to be operating this... someone manually flips a switch to light the appropriate number, I'm guessing... Don't know if I can be of any
help but happy to try.

KJ6EAD

Joined Apr 30, 2011
I'm guessing that the original circuit board simply contained a latch and driver for each bulb to facilitate use of momentary switches and a global reset.

Is there any possibility of repairing or replacing the board instead of changing to a cumbersome switch per bulb arrangement?