New Scientist's "Make" column

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Newscitist has started a section called Make, and it promises it's going to be quite entertaining. If this becomes anything like Scientific American's Amateur Scientist (in its early years, before it became a boring section for woosies) things might get very interesting.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Newscitist has started a section called Make, and it promises it's going to be quite entertaining. If this becomes anything like Scientific American's Amateur Scientist (in its early years, before it became a boring section for woosies) things might get very interesting.
Careful! I posted something similar about Netflix and the thread was deleted for being "too commercial!"

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Careful! I posted something similar about Netflix and the thread was deleted for being "too commercial!"
Bummer... I'm hoping this becomes a discussion about the merits of commercial media trying to promote technical and scientific education...

Guess we're gonna have to wait and see how the Mods react...

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Bummer... I'm hoping this becomes a discussion about the merits of commercial media trying to promote technical and scientific education...

Guess we're gonna have to wait and see how the Mods react...
Yeah, me too. There is no winning for the Mod's on this one. I'm not going to argue they should close it, I'm arguing they should recover my post with positive interest - although Netflix had the item available for a very short time.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
I'm hoping this becomes a discussion about the merits of commercial media trying to promote technical and scientific education...
Why would they want to go and do that? :eek:

They are by definition and living example the most scientifically and technically illiterate people ever to exist in the modern world and clearly proud of it at that.

Are they running out of bogus fake science resources to work with and need to infuse new blood into their system to keep their para science crap reporting at a level that is believable to anyone who is not mentally impaired in some way? o_O