New Mouse hesitates, W Vista

Sensacell

Joined Jun 19, 2012
I accidentally bought a Logitech wireless mouse 3 days ago.

Used it for a few days, it had horrible latency problems, almost useless.
Googled it, found many others complaining.

Garbage.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I have here a HP Wireless Mouse X3300.
I have no problems on the operating systems I use (win 10 and OpenSuse).

Bertus

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
I have two Sharkk wireless mice (MS-SK2511) that work really well.
I initially bought one for my laptop and liked it so well, I bought another for my desktop.
They require no additional driver (with Windows 7 & 10 anyway) so are plug-and-play.
It is a smaller size making it easier to maneuver, tracks well on just about any surface (even on the slick surface next to my laptop keypad), has auto shutoff and turnon, and will run the single AA battery down to about 0.9V before it quits (normally going a half year or more on one battery).

Last edited:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
The blue ports are USB 3.X and there are devices that will work erratic on these.
No gots USB 3 on an antique Vista machine.
Win. Vista, which means they barely have USB 2. Forget USB 3.
Why in mouse name are you using Vista.
Because I have never bought a computer. I just resurrect stuff that The Geek Squad says is, "unrepairable".:p:cool:

I'm thinking I have a sick mouse. This machine works just fine with a Targus brand wireless mouse, any antique ball mouse, and a couple of optical mice which I wore out, but it's having difficulty making friends with this Logitech B100.:(
Please don't play grammar Nazi with me. I've earned the right to play with incorrect word use by demonstrating my command of the English language in my previous 17,000 posts.:rolleyes: It only needs correcting if you expect it was a real mistake caused by ignorance, and I don't think you believe I'm ignorant...maybe about electronics, but not about spelling and grammar.;)
Then this old page might be of help:
This mousie is listed as HID compliant, but the Micro$oft driver was written in 2006.:(
I'll go try your idea today.;)

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I accidentally bought a Logitech wireless mouse 3 days ago.
I have worn out a couple of Logitech mice and bought another because I've never had a functional problem until they went belly up. I guess things change without notifying me, and I got caught on this one.:(

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Because I have never bought a computer. I just resurrect stuff that The Geek Squad says is, "unrepairable".:p:cool:
My kinda guy. :D
But I like my PC's fast so I can work easily:rolleyes:

I too bought those cheap Chinese "mouses" and it started having issues, like pointer jumping, not moving.....etc, so I fixed the MS one I was using which is quite old but wireless. So far so good.

It hurt when my Logitech track ball died :(

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I plugged in my Targus wireless mouse in order to have a working mouse while I changed the driver for the Logitech mouse.
Surprise! The wireless mouse is an HID mouse, too, and it has no problems!
Same driver as the Logitech mouse.
The Logitech mouse is going back to the store tomorrow.:(