New Mouse hesitates, W Vista

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I just bought a new mouse, Logitech B100. Optical mouse with USB connection.
It hesitates very often. That is, I move the mouse and the pointer catches up a second or two later, like a hundred times per hour.:mad:
I assume this is a priority setting but have no clue how to tell the computer that the mouse has high priority.
I also expect that the computer will eventually decide to give the mouse high priority as it has with all previous mice. I could just wait it out, but I'm curious. Can I expedite this learning process? Does it need a driver from Logitech?

And no, I am not going to install Linux to fix it.:D

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
Go ahead and remove the log driver......try the win basic driver and see....I have a kensington.....but I only use win driver.

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
I don't know about Vista.......will assume it's basically the same. open task manager. goto processes. Find your mouse driver...........right click.........set priority from normal to max.

see if that helps.

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
sorry......goto process explorer....system......it should be listed there. I'm just not sure or what those tools are called on vista.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Still haven't found it after 7 hours.:mad:
Micro$oft sure hides the controls well.:(
Maybe a USB to round hole adapter and plug it in where the computer expects a mouse.
Nope. That doesn't work. No 100ma to drive the LED.

Last edited:

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
I don't know what to tell you.......maybe destall the driver from the device manager..........then let it install itself on re-boot.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I don't know what to tell you.......maybe destall the driver from the device manager..........then let it install itself on re-boot.
Been there, done that. Tried 4 different USB ports. Two in the front and Two in the back. Unplugged the ball mouse from the round hole...all the simple stuff. I'll give it a couple of days to adjust the priority by itself. If that doesn't work, I'll send the mouse back and try a different model.

Please know that I always try the obvious before I ask for help.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
You have a dirty mouse... o_O Err! I mean a faulty mouse.

PS. Why in mouse name are you using Vista. I never like Vista, try Win7

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

@#12 , you said you tried different USB ports.
Where the blue or black?
The blue ports are USB 3.X and there are devices that will work erratic on these.
The black ports are USB 2.0 and all devices will work on those.

Bertus

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
Hello,

@#12 , you said you tried different USB ports.
Where the blue or black?
The blue ports are USB 3.X and there are devices that will work erratic on these.
The black ports are USB 2.0 and all devices will work on those.

Bertus
They said they have Win. Vista, which means they barely have USB 2. Forget USB 3.