New Kid on the block question

Dimplewidget

Joined Jan 5, 2015
Compared to aluminum in layman terms what is the electrical resistance of aluminum compared to 160 μ-ohm-cm? That is the electrical resistance of sintered neodymium magnet material the resistance of nickel would also be useful as the magnets are electroplated with both nickel and copper. I'm toying with a design to test "Torsion Physics" claims. Having as high an isolated magnetic field strength as possible means that having the magnet in a north/south hallbach array integrated in the circuit path is optimum using nickel as a both a keeper and as pare of the circuit I may be able to have an isolated density of 1.4 Tesla. By lamans terms the resistance of aluminum would be the lowest so how many times as thick would the magnet have to be to equal 1 cm thickness of aluminum's conductivity. same for nickel vs. aluminum if your in the mood.

Dimplewidget

Joined Jan 5, 2015
I'm slow to get of my butt it could be a while, but it's really a redesign of an n machine. In this case, isolation of the magnetic fields to just the stator is key. If it works I can reduce slip ring arcing to near zero, raising the feasibility of homo-polar generators.