New format

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
+1 My Firefox or Chrome spell checker automatically marks any error now automatically?
I wasn't even aware there was a forum one before.
Max.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Why should jrap slow things down with another plugin when just about every browser out there already has a spell checker that accesses YOUR local word processor's spelling dictionary.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Not sure this is the right place to note it, but one thing I've noticed lately is that "undo" and "redo" commands do not work as expected when writing or editing a post. I lose entire posts if I attempt an undo, and it cannot be retrieved by "redo".

I don't know if this has anything to do with the new format or whether it's a Safari issue on my Macbook. I only notice it here.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Is it possible to do a Public Opinion Poll with this site, now?
No big deal. I've never done one and find most of them irrelevant or annoying, but I've had a couple of ideas that would work better as a Poll than a Thread.

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
Whoever worked on the "Watched Threads" to show only those which have not been read just made the site a whole lot easier for me to use. Or else maybe I was doing something wrong before....

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
LOL,

Yea, been quite busy

Spent the summer working at Exelis, it's an awesome job, they make every weather and GPS satellite used by the US, and they pay well, so no complaints!

Now back to school full time, yourself?

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Sounds like a great experience magnet!

I'm starting back at my software development job for another few months (a third temporary assignment). After that they'll decide if they want to hire me on permanently or not. I'm still not sure if I want to go into software or hardware (or a mix of the two, embedded systems). I've been doing some of each lately, so I'll have to see how I feel after this next assignment....

In the meantime I've been working on designing and building a DRSSTC. That's been taking up most of my free time lately ;)

Regards,
Matt

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Wow, yea, those can take a lot of time! I hope it goes well! Good luck with the job also!
Thanks Magnet,

The Tesla coil is coming along very well, though it's (obviously) low-budget. A couple members at ETO convinced me to write a blog about it, which you can find over there if you're interested. If I can figure out an acceptable layout that prevents long connecting wires, I should have it ready for First Light within a couple of weeks. I'm pretty sure it'll take longer than that, though. I've been working on it since early July :p

Was good catching up!
Matt

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
How much did the copper set you back? I've thought about it, but I don't think I'll ever be really tempted.
Are you asking me?

Secondary coil wire: ~$19 including shipping
Primary coil tubing: ~$18
Strike rail: ~$18

I've learned one thing for sure--DRSSTCs are NOT for people on budgets! :p