New fora for treadmill and LED topics?

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Is there any merit in collecting together the spate of threads on treadmill repairs and LED driving?

Joined Nov 30, 2010
About as much merit as separating out the TV repairs.
I kinda doubt the Mods would create several new sub-forums.:(

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I would disagree, they are pretty basic electronics. Not complicated at all.

Of course, the reason I wrote the article in my blog was the shear number of queries we get.

Another issue, how do you separate them? More moderators working for the site? Someone has to do the work. You also run the risk of forum overload, plowing through a bunch of sub-forums. There is elegance in simplicity.

LEDs, 555s, Flashers, and Light Chasers

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
As an ongoing noob, the organization that would help me most is by function. For instance oscillators, amplifiers, power supplies, voltage references and so on. Then, an increasing order of complexity from dead simple to fancy.

Of course I'm not describing a forum so much as a reference library of simple circuits.

It's pretty tough to find stuff here. That's at least part of the reason we see the same questions over and over.

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
As an ongoing noob, the organization that would help me most is by function. For instance oscillators, amplifiers, power supplies, voltage references and so on. Then, an increasing order of complexity from dead simple to fancy.

Of course I'm not describing a forum so much as a reference library of simple circuits.

It's pretty tough to find stuff here. That's at least part of the reason we see the same questions over and over.
I agree. Often I think that a user-accessible set of links to successful resolutions would solve many problems. Now that we have resolved necroposting, maybe we can get on to to that.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Is there any merit in collecting together the spate of threads on treadmill repairs and LED driving?
While I can see a rationale for LEDs (though I think that would result in dozens of fora for comparable things), I don't see a strong argument for a thread dedicated to treadmill repairs. While I agree there has been a spate of such threads recently, I bet that if you were to actually gather them together (including all of the ones throughout the history of the site) you would have perhaps few dozen. We see FAR more threads, over a far longer history, about automatic chicken coop door openers, so should we have a forum dedicated to chicken coop door openers?