Need Watte controler for DJ sound speaker

pangam_s

Joined Nov 13, 2014
I have DJ Sound speaker i am always facing problem of high voltage input given by Amplifier and sound coil got burn, i want to know how to make one circuit/ hardware that will control 1000/1500 Watt. Even i given more 1000/1500 Watt that Watt will not pass to the Speaker and only circuit will pass configured Watt only.

Thanks, in advance.

Regards,
Suhas

pangam_s

Joined Nov 13, 2014
Sorry, but i have posted this in public area , i am new and i am not able to understand and this time i had not selected any name for this question even i am not able to understand whats happen.

blocco a spirale

Joined Jun 18, 2008
A filament bulb (or paralleled bulbs) in series with the loudspeakers will limit the current as the power increases. You will have to experiment to find the best value that works for you.

pangam_s

Joined Nov 13, 2014
A filament bulb (or paralleled bulbs) in series with the loudspeakers will limit the current as the power increases. You will have to experiment to find the best value that works for you.
Dear Sir,
I am stranger for electric industry and i don't know what is "filament bulb" and how should i use that in Sound speaker. I am attaching my sound system and amplifier photos. one photo is of SOund speakr connection area.

Attachments

blocco a spirale

Joined Jun 18, 2008
A filament or incandescent bulb is just your standard old fashioned light bulb. When cold they have a very low resistance and as they heat up their resistance increases. The increase in temperature of the filament will roughly follow that of your loudspeaker voice coil (since they are subjected to the same current) and so as the voice coil heats the resistance of the filament increases rapidly and reduces the current to the voice coil.

Use standard mains powered bulbs, choose the wattage by experimentation; a higher power bulb will have a lower resistance and will therefore pass more current. Start with a 100W bulb in series with your loudspeakers and see how far you can drive the speakers before the filament starts to glow; if this happens too early then add a higher power bulb or connect more bulbs in parallel.

This is quite a good way of limiting power to a loudspeaker because the current limit is related to the heating effect of the signal which is exactly what your loudspeaker voice coil is experiencing and rather then abruptly cutting the power to the loudspeaker, resulting in silence, you will get a gentle reduction in volume. The glowing bulbs will also provide an indication that the levels may be a little high.

Last edited: