Need to pulse vibration unit

SLK001

Joined Nov 29, 2011
Define "small space".

Define "micro vibration unit".

Define "why".

And, I second if your heartbeat is vibrating, you should get help.

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
A CMOS Schmitt trigger hex inverter (40106) can be used to form two monostables in a ring. One is the delay between pulses, and one is the pulse on time that drives a small transistor tnat drives the motor.

Or, a single hex inverter stage can do it with an extra diode and resistor.

You still have not said what the battery voltage range is, so a CMOS 555 might not work.

ak

Jlwoodfloors

Joined Apr 2, 2016
A CMOS Schmitt trigger hex inverter (40106) can be used to form two monostables in a ring. One is the delay between pulses, and one is the pulse on time that drives a small transistor tnat drives the motor.

Or, a single hex inverter stage can do it with an extra diode and resistor.

You still have not said what the battery voltage range is, so a CMOS 555 might not work.

ak
I have a 3.7v boosted to 5v

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
I would use 3.7 V for vibrator & 5 V for 7555, 8 DIP or SM. Use pots for selecting times then sub. with fixed values. Do you know current draw of vibrator ?

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
Current drawn when operating, not the voltage rating...

If you have 5 V for the logic, then you can use a 74AC14. Great part, love the AC (advanced CMOS, not alternating current) output stage. One section as the asymmetrical square wave oscillator (or two if you want more adjustability), and all remaining sections in parallel to drive the vibrator. A CMOS LMC7555 will do the same thing, but where's the fun in that?

ak