Need to build a talk back PA system

Seawrath

Joined Dec 4, 2018
I work outside random concrete buildings and need to communicate to people inside. Radios don’t work. cell phones are spotty. So I want to run a loudspeaker inside on a 2 or 4 wire cable and be able to talk to them like a PA system but I want them to be able to push a button and talk back through the loudspeaker preferably or a mic. there may be something I could buy already built. but can’t find one. I’m not sure what this system is called either. I’m looking for components and a circuit diagram I could use. Any help or ideas would be appreciated

Seawrath

Joined Dec 4, 2018
The intercom is exactly what I was looking for. But yeah way to pricey. Thought I could make one if I could see a circuit diagram. Wouldn’t know how to start otherwise.
The repeater route is interesting. I suppose I’d just set one up in the doorway? Don’t know enough about radios.. Wonder if it works on any band like marine band.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
The intercom is exactly what I was looking for. But yeah way to pricey. Thought I could make one if I could see a circuit diagram. Wouldn’t know how to start otherwise.
The repeater route is interesting. I suppose I’d just set one up in the doorway? Don’t know enough about radios.. Wonder if it works on any band like marine band.

Trying to make one that would be reliable and resilient in an outdoor industrial enviroment is a tall task. There is a reason the commercial grade intercoms are expensive as they are.

Again expensive but the prudent thing to do is to hire a consultant that specializes in remote two way communication. They will be able to suggest the best solution based on your enviroment.