Need some treadmill help! Please!

teddy57

Joined Dec 1, 2016
Hey there,

In order not to post twice, I am going to post a link to my thread over in the treadmilldoctor.com forum. I am certainly not savvy in this field, but my motor and motor control board are brand new and I'm having a bevy of issues.

Please help! Thanks in advance!

Mod edit: snipped link

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
Welcome to AAC!
Despite the extra effort to repost here, we require postings to be local to AAC. The reason is to prevent future broken links and to provide an archive for future readers. If that works for you, ask your question here and our members will be glad to help.
Regards.

teddy57

Joined Dec 1, 2016
This treadmill is less than 1 year old, I was getting a strong electrical smell after 4 months of use, I used the treadmill approx 60 minutes each day (2-30 minute sessions). The motor then quit and the treadmill wouldn't move, so I replaced the motor first...still nothing. So I then replaced the motor controller and the treadmill started working again. However, I am still getting that strong electrical smell, and the motor and motor controller get warm/hot after about 10 minutes of use.

Please see the following video that I made this morning, I am not very electric savvy so hopefully I just have something hooked up wrong, or its something simple:

Thanks in advance,
Teddy

teddy57

Joined Dec 1, 2016
Update, went down for my 30 minute after dinner walk, the treadmill now runs for between 30-55 seconds before shutting down, and going through the procedure in the video. The treadmill did this about 15 straight times. Very frustrated right now!! Help!

I should have probably said before now, but the motor and motor/speed control board were brand new yesterday.

teddy57

Joined Dec 1, 2016
Coming from the industry, fitness equipment repairs, I would suggest to save future money and frustration get a professional in.

Not only will they repair the electrical side they should do a mechanical adjustment/service as well. If the belt tension is wrong or the belt is not square it will out not design loads on the motor\controller same goes for pulleys & belts. Dust is also a big killer of these things.

I always have a giggle to myself with these threads.

Personally once it started smelling I would have sought a professional. I know this doesn't help YOU fix the problem but if you want the problem fixed and to not worry about it.
I'm glad I provided amusement for you. Thanks for the help.