Need Some Transistor Information

ProWannaBe

Joined Feb 13, 2017
I have an A979 02F "PNP Dual Transistor on a Sony TA-AV411" surround sound amplifier. I was wondering if a transistor A979 12F would work in the place of mine since mine has 02F on the end of it and the one i asking about has an 12F. I included a picture of the new one that i am asking if i can use.

Thanks in advance.Needed_Transistor.jpg

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
Couldn't find a datasheet that decoded case markings. My guess is that it's a date code.
Agreed. I found lots of pictures of (2S)A979 transistors with a wide variety of numbers and letters underneath that code.
I believe that they are all the same transistors so they will clearly be good replacements.

ProWannaBe

Joined Feb 13, 2017
Thank you very much! I had thought that it might be date related, but was unsure and i cannot find a datasheet either! So i guess i will buy it and try it! Again many thanks!

ProWannaBe

Joined Feb 13, 2017
Thank you! My transistor does not have 2SA at the beginning of it although i do not know that, that makes a difference with the new replacement i bought? The one i am replacing starts off with A979 and has 02F underneath it? The picture i displayed is of the one that i believe will replace it?

Anyway thank you for the time you took getting me a datasheet!