Need serious help - exam tommorow

warg85zak

Joined Aug 28, 2013

Can anyone solve this for me? I missed the lectures going over it, i know the basic principles but both these questions stumpped me.

jegues

Joined Sep 13, 2010
It is pretty much guaranteed to come up in the exam, just with different values... hopefully easier than this example.
I guess you better learn it then.

We aren't going to help you until you post some of your work.

Unfortunately i don't have a scanner but after taking the reading at 3v i got 1.4v across the nodes A and B?
Good thing by using LaTeX you can type all your work.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Unfortunately i don't have a scanner but after taking the reading at 3v i got 1.4v across the nodes A and B?
What do you mean "taking the reading at 3V"?

Both problems can be solved by inspection in your head performing onlly the following arithmetic compuations (some more than once) between the two problems:

3+9, 5+5, 25+1, 5*5, 5*6, 3/1, 10/2, 15/3.

(This might be enough of a hint to help you along.)

So when you say that you know the basic principles, the evidence is to the contrary. Which is fine. We were all there (and still are, just about other things, now). But you won't be able to overcome weaknesses in your understanding of the basic princples until you recognize that you do, in fact, have them. Until then, you will actually just be searching for a bunch of bandaids to address the symptom-of-the-day.

If you can't scan an image or take a photo or use the LaTex equation tool that is part of the forum tools, then talk through what you know and what you think you need to figure out in order to solve the problems.