Need Processor with high processing speed

Ishan Jain

Joined Nov 12, 2016
Hi folks.

I m making an automation project right now using arduino Mega and UNO but as you know the max speed of Mega is around 16 MHz which is very low as I also want to develop it further into a product if possible. Can you guys please suggest me some processors which are low in cost and should have very high processing speeds.

Thank you.

Last edited:

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
The fact that you don't know the difference between 16 Hz and 16 MHz tells me that you are not ready.

Arduino Due runs at over 80 MHz. You can try that.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Hi folks.

I m making an automation project right now using arduino Mega and UNO but as you know the max speed of Mega is around 16 Hz which is very

Thank you.
Did you travel back to the 1960s to buy that 16hz Arduino?
https://store.arduino.cc/usa/arduino-uno-rev3

If you meant 16MHZ then I would not classify that as "very low". Much more than that and you are going to be challenged with a number of design issues that are out of reach for anyone that needs to ask about faster micros. People that design in that range already know what to use as well as all of the design challenges that go with it.

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
An "automation Project" is a very vague description of what you want to make.
The Arduinos are quite capable of controlling fairly complex machines. Just look at 3D printers for example. Most low end ones, at least up to fairly recently, use 16Mhz "Aduinos" in them.
There are a great deal of cheap low priced boards/processors around now.
Look on Ebay for ARM processors. Starting form STM8 for about $1 and STM32 for a couple of dollars.
NodeMCU Lua and lots more.

Ishan Jain

Joined Nov 12, 2016
Did you travel back to the 1960s to buy that 16hz Arduino?
https://store.arduino.cc/usa/arduino-uno-rev3

If you meant 16 MHZ then I would not classify that as "very low". Much more than that and you are going to be challenged with a number of design issues that are out of reach for anyone that needs to ask about faster micros. People that design in that range already know what to use as well as all of the design challenges that go with it.
Bro, I didn't travel back in time. Its just that people need to understand that common typing mistakes can happen with anyone. Apologies for that if that offended you in anyway.

Hi folks.

I m making an automation project right now using arduino Mega and UNO but as you know the max speed of Mega is around 16 MHz which is very low as I also want to develop it further into a product if possible. Can you guys please suggest me some processors which are low in cost and should have very high processing speeds.

Thank you.
Performance is, of course, not a simple matter of processor speed. Nevertheless, have a look at this review - I found it very thorough and informative. Kudos to Jay Carlson.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Bro, I didn't travel back in time. Its just that people need to understand that common typing mistakes can happen with anyone. Apologies for that if that offended you in anyway.

Nope just teasing. I figured it was a typo.

Now what is your project? An Arduino can handle just about anything within reach of the average hobbyist.

Ishan Jain

Joined Nov 12, 2016
Nope just teasing. I figured it was a typo.

Now what is your project? An Arduino can handle just about anything within reach of the average hobbyist.
Thanks for asking me for my project. I m working on an a real time industrial project and for that I need a high speed processor which can get and stuff information to various components of the system.
Hope you understood my requirement.
Thank you.

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
Thanks for asking me for my project. I m working on an a real time industrial project and for that I need a high speed processor which can get and stuff information to various components of the system.
Hope you understood my requirement.
Thank you.
That is very vague indeed, still. Not at all helpful. What do you mean by "high speed" anyway?
If you really want help PLEASE supply some meaningful information.
Do you want to read a sensor every second, or every millisecond, or every microsecond....
How many sensors, what type, and to what accuracy? Also what outputs are you needing?
stuff information to various components of the system.
Very non helpful!

Your questions are like you are asking help to build an engine, but not telling us what type of engine, power required, fuel type and so on.
It could be electric, steam, petrol, rubber band...
Details please!!!!!