Need help with a Pfaff Smart 300e

Lady D

Joined Jan 18, 2015
Any help would be greatly appreciated. The embroidery machine has a code 803 and does nothing. I sent a pattern to it from the laptop program and it asked me to defragment the internal memory of the machine. I defragged it and now it has nothing on it and will not send anything to it with the same message about defrag. The machine does nothing! It only displays 803 on the embroidery machine. I can't find any information on it anywhere since it has been discontinued and Pfaff is no help. Thanks

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Welcome to the forum.

I do not have that embroidery machine. I do have the Pfaff 2040 sewing machine from a decade ago. Despite the plastic, it has been a very good machine. There is almost nothing that will make it skip a stitch. If that quality carries over, you are fortunate. Have you checked with the dealer or Pfaff about that error code?

John

bwilliams60

Joined Nov 18, 2012
You didn't mention what make and model of machine you have. Most likely you will have to reinstall the software and do a hard system reboot on laptop and machine.

Lady D

Joined Jan 18, 2015
Yes, as stated in the title it is a Pfaff Smart 300e embroidery machine. I have re-installed the software and have shut it down and turned it on many times, both the laptop and machine. Still only get the 803 and the programming still tells me to defrag. But won't defrag. It's like the machine is stuck.