Need Help!,When I try to reset Windows 10, it gets stuck

Ronnierodriguez

Joined Nov 28, 2019
Good day, gentlemen! This is my first time posting on this forum. And I'm blogging here because I have a need. I was hoping for better recommendations from you. However, for the past few days, I've had a problem with my computer. When I try to reset Windows 10, it gets stuck immediately. I gave it my all but was unable to resolve the problem. Guys, can I follow the methods mentioned found after searching on Google? Could you please give me some guidance on this? It would be quite helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
Have you tied sfc and dism.exe from the Command line.?

E
Run as Admin.

sfc /scannow

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Last edited:

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
Good day, gentlemen! This is my first time posting on this forum. And I'm blogging here because I have a need. I was hoping for better recommendations from you. However, for the past few days, I've had a problem with my computer. When I try to reset Windows 10, it gets stuck immediately. I gave it my all but was unable to resolve the problem. Guys, can I follow the methods mentioned found after searching on Google? Could you please give me some guidance on this? It would be quite helpful.
Describe "stuck" in detail. Where is it stuck? Not booting at all, not finding a bootable disk, showing the windows screen but not accepting your login. "Stuck" doesn't have an official definition in the Windows 10 users' manual.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
System frozen - There is only one way to recover from a frozen system - turn the power off and attempt to reboot.

What happens after that is the next question.
Examine and record step by step what happens when the system attempts to restart.
It begins with the number of “beeps” when BIOS starts up.

abrsvc

Joined Jun 16, 2018
It would be helpful to know what the system is as well. Desk system, laptop?
Abad power supply can cause this or a bad mosfet in a laptop.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
I was working on my laptop and happened to note the following which may be of interest.

The option to reset Windows 10 has been disabled. A notice popped up saying Microsoft was no longer supporting a reset of Windows 10.

If automatic updates were disabled on your system, you may not receive this notice.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I was working on my laptop and happened to note the following which may be of interest.

The option to reset Windows 10 has been disabled. A notice popped up saying Microsoft was no longer supporting a reset of Windows 10.

If automatic updates were disabled on your system, you may not receive this notice.
I don’t know what it means to “reset” Windows 10.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
I don’t know what it means to “reset” Windows 10.
It’s an option Microsoft included in Windows 10 to perform an in-place installation of Windows as a fresh install. User files are maintained but all installed software is removed from Windows. It effectively neuters malware.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
It’s an option Microsoft included in Windows 10 to perform an in-place installation of Windows as a fresh install. User files are maintained but all installed software is removed from Windows. It effectively neuters malware.
Ah so. Maybe I misunderstood the initial post by the TS.