Need help remembering book

Electro

Joined May 24, 2008
Years ago I took several electronics courses in college. For the courses one of the books we used had the descriptions and specs of individual integrated circuits. We referenced the book to learn about the ICs we were using in our projects.

Does anyone know the name of this book?

I think it was a yellow and blue book.

Thanks

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Any CMOS or TTL logic manual would have such information. I've got then by Signetics, TI, and Motorola. Unless you had analog functions in mind.....

Caveman

Joined Apr 15, 2008
If I remember correctly yellow and blue are the colors that TI used in their old logic books. Can't really get them anymore.

Electro

Joined May 24, 2008
Thanks for the info guys. I've been hunting around and think the book was the TTL data book or something similar.

One of the courses we used it in was analog electronics.

If the books are not available anymore what do people do to identify ICs and get the specs? Is it all online now?

Thanks

flubbo

Joined Apr 21, 2008
I usually just type the part numbers into google. Most of the time, the parts pop up, along with various vendors and info.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I have books from the 1970's that contain data on obsolete parts, (and parts that are still in production). It might all be on the internet now, and it might not. I won't give up my old books until I die.