Need help locating replacement part (blue component)

narkeleptk

Joined Mar 11, 2019
I have read a lot of threads the end up like this where some inexperienced person asks for some information and they are basically questioned until they give up rather than given some information or advice.
That is because many questions asked are to broad to answer and the follow up replies are just useless information. Exactly like how this thread is going. You have failed to provide the requested additional information and instead have started insulting those who are giving you the only information available to give at this time (based off experience in this work, which you do not have.). There is nothing more for someone to add to your original questions with out knowing exactly what your component is. If you want assistance then help the others help you.

Last edited:

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I believe I was not being rude. I was giving sound advice.

I have never heard of people replacing crossover components.
I have never heard of a speaker blowing an amplifier. It is usually the other way round, i.e. the amp blows the speaker.
I have heard of people protecting their speaker from overload by putting a light bulb in series. If the blue thingy is in series with the speaker then its an MOV meant to protect the speaker. If the MOV is bad it will either be (1) open circuited or (2) short circuited.

1) If the MOV is open circuited then there will be no sound.
2) If the MOV is short circuited then there will be no protection.

There is very low probability that the MOV is bad (if it is an MOV).

That's my take of the TS cares to listen.