Need help Integrating an IR motion sensor into a circuit

fotoshark

Joined Mar 23, 2016
Hi There, I have build this circuit which adjusts the speed of a motor utilizing a 555 timer chip.
What i need to do is integrate an IR Motion Sensor and some kind of timer, so when the motion sensor is tripped, power to the circuit would be enabled for a user defined(potentiometer) amount of time. I am an amateur maker and any help here is appreciated.

Attachments

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Use your motion sensor on another 555 timer monostable, this feeds pin 4 of the pwm circuit, so when the timer is activated pin 4 will be high and allows the pwm to work, then when the timer stops, pin 4 will go low and stop the pwm.

fotoshark

Joined Mar 23, 2016
Use your motion sensor on another 555 timer monostable, this feeds pin 4 of the pwm circuit, so when the timer is activated pin 4 will be high and allows the pwm to work, then when the timer stops, pin 4 will go low and stop the pwm.
Thanks for your reply, but I am not sure I understand how the circuit will run for a user defined amount of time with your solution. The circuit would only stay active while the IR senses motion in your solution yes? I guess I am really looking for someone to modify the schematic I attached to the thread and how me how to accomplish what I previously mentioned.