Need Help In Figuring Out An ATmel Microcontroller

Utkarsh Verma

Joined Oct 30, 2016
So here's the deal. I need a 18-20 pin microcontroller, which can be programmed using Arduino sketches and has capabilities similar to Arduino.
My basic needs are flash memory >8kb, RAM similar to Arduino and at least 10 digital pins for usage in programs. Please suggest such a microcontroller.
By the way, it would be great if that microcontroller was present on Aliexpress in DIP form.

Utkarsh Verma

Joined Oct 30, 2016
I doubt an Atmel MCU would be pin compatible with the burnt PIC16F84A.
i know, that's why I said that 20 pins would also suffice...Also, it isn't necessary for the ATmel chip to have same pinout. All I need is to place the chip in the ic base. I will adjust the wirings accordingly!

MMcLaren

Joined Feb 14, 2010
Now that you've lifted the 20-pin limitation, I don't think you can beat the AliExpress prices for 28-pin bare ATMega328P-PU chips. I've paid as little as $1.00 a piece for them "on sale" a couple times during the last year (and have not experienced any problems with them)...

Cheerful regards, Mike

Utkarsh Verma

Joined Oct 30, 2016

Utkarsh Verma

Joined Oct 30, 2016
Now that you've lifted the 20-pin limitation, I don't think you can beat the AliExpress prices for 28-pin bare ATMega328P-PU chips. I've paid as little as $1.00 a piece for them "on sale" a couple times during the last year (and have not experienced any problems with them)...

Cheerful regards, Mike
28 pins are still too much..Anything with lesser pins?