Need help in Aptitude Question

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Hello,
How to solve this i am working in Aptitude ?

The present worth of Rs. 2310 due 2
years hence, the rate of interest being 15% per annum, is:

A.
Rs. 1750
B.
Rs. 1680
C.
Rs. 1840
D.
Rs. 1443.75

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Hmm, if you can't figure this out I guess you're not very apt, are you?

It's called an Aptitude test for a reason. You're supposed to do it, not ask other people to do it for you. This is basic math.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
The first step is to explain the problem in terms that can be easily understood. Try doing that. For instance, if given a present value, V, and an interest rate, R, how would you calculate the future value? The question of how often the interest is compounded is vital to being able to solve the problem.

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Hi,

I think that maybe the real problem/question is because neither of those multiple choice answers is the correct one :)

I used the method they use around this locale, and could not get any of those results.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Hi,

I think that maybe the real problem/question is because neither of those multiple choice answers is the correct one :)

I used the method they use around this locale, and could not get any of those results.
You'll slap your forehead when you see the answer.

You are overthinking it -- think how interest calculations were done when you first learned about them in grade school.

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
You'll slap your forehead when you see the answer.

You are overthinking it -- think how interest calculations were done when you first learned about them in grade school.

Hi, wow, that's almost too funny. No wonder they did not mention a compounding period.

That's the year the engineer mostly responsible for building the Royal Canal in Languedoc, a 150 mile
canal in Southern France, died. It was a great acheivement for it's time. It was later renamed however, but i wont give out either name until the OP gets the right result or at least tries again.

Glenn Holland

Joined Dec 26, 2014
I'm no good in math so I switched from engineering to becoming a lawyer.

I know there are lots of lawyer jokes out there, but they should be posted in the "Jokes" section.

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
A train passes a station platform in 36 seconds and a man standing on the platform in 20 seconds. If the speed of the train is 54 km/hr, what is the length of the platform?

In this question train passes in 36sec that ok, what does this mean man standing in 20Sec?

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
A train passes a station platform in 36 seconds and a man standing on the platform in 20 seconds. If the speed of the train is 54 km/hr, what is the length of the platform?

In this question train passes in 36sec that ok, what does this mean man standing in 20Sec?
Are you serious???

LOOK AT THE CONTEXT!

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Actually i am increasing my thinking and capturing power of brain.
How? Whatever you are doing there is little evidence it is working.

Anyway which formula to use in this question answer sheet was not there in web.
And if this is how you are supposedly increasing your thinking and capturing the power of your brain, the reason it isn't working becomes pretty obvious. Instead of reasoning out the solution to a problem, you just want someone to tell you which formula, provided by the power of someone else's brain, will do your thinking for you.

Really? If I tell you that it takes 20 seconds for a train to pass by someone standing on the side of a road you have no idea what that means?

Last edited: