need help for water level indicator

bilalsaeed

Joined Mar 30, 2008
Hi.
I copied this schematic from internet about water level indicator. I tried it but its not working. Plz Help needed. if any one has a better working indicator or could run this circuit so plz reply

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
I guess you're using a CMOS 4066 IC?

If your water is too pure (ie: distilled water) it won't work. There must be a very slight conductivity to the water.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Try adding just a little bit of table salt to the water,and stir it up. If you don't want to add salt, replace the 180K resistors with 10M resistors.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
The thing that makes this work is the conduction between the container and each electrode through the water.

Is the connection made so the 6 volts DC is present in the container? If it is metal then all you have to do is connect the voltage lead to the rim. If is is non-conductive, then you will need to connect the lead to a metal disk that is on the inside of the container.

If you touch the 6 volt lead to each electrode in turn, does the proper LED light up and the buzzer sound?

bilalsaeed

Joined Mar 30, 2008
i have just connected a container with a wire normal jumper! i didnt get about the lead thing !

sorry about the english not good at it !

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
English is a difficult (hard) language, even for those who have been raised speaking it.

"Lead" is just not enough information. Lead can be an element (Pb), it can be a connection to a piece of test equipment (a test lead), a jumper on a wiring board, something that is useful in sales, and many other items.

I do wish I knew more than one language. Perhaps things would make more sense. :confused:

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
WE still have no response to replys # 2 & # 8. Are all LED's always on or off, or a combination ? Is pin 7 grounded, pin 14 at + 6 ?