Need help for MIcrolectronics Topic for Thesis

Brian

Joined Feb 13, 2007
anyone who is expert or familiar w/ microelectronics, please help me and suggest different topic for my thesis, please...

thanks you so much

brian

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
anyone who is expert or familiar w/ microelectronics, please help me and suggest different topic for my thesis, please...

thanks you so much

brian
Can you suggests some broad areas of microelectronics in which you are interested? For example, bioelectronics, robotics, mechatronic, embedded systems, integrated circuit design, electronic sensors, etc.

Once we have a feel for your area of interest then we can suggest topics within the area that you may want to consider.

hgmjr

Brian

Joined Feb 13, 2007
it would be more on integrated circuit design and it could be a electronics sensors, but most of our subject focus on IC design, maybe it would be thier

please help me for choosing a topic and some resources that i could used

thanks so much

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
EM simulations are highly complex and very software intensive processes, couldn't you look at implementing some dedicated hardware to assist in the processing of EM simulations say based on the Finite Element Model?

It will sure test your skills and your literature review should raise important niches where you could apply hradware techniques to something that is ultimately a software problem.

I'll also move this to the Electronic Resources forum where it is better suited.

Dave

Brian

Joined Feb 13, 2007
thanks sir dave,
could you give me some overview and research material, or even link
as well as guide lines for starting this project, im a newbie but willing to learn more, please do help me with this one, it will help alot to me

thanks so much

brian

Brian

Joined Feb 13, 2007
sir n9352527
if you have some ideas or topic in mind that you could suggest me a topic, pls help me, more related in microelectronics (integrated circuit)

thank you

n9352527

Joined Oct 14, 2005
Again, what level? undergraduate or master?

Favourite topics in this area are currently (or always?) low power designs (be it circuit techniques or physical implementations), high performance designs (new logic topologies, higher clock, etc.). These would lead to specific design issues which you could pick as a credible topic.

As an example, higher clock frequency leads to higher power consumption due to driving a large clock distribution tree and requires large silicon area, also in a big chip there would be clock skew due to different clock branch lengths. How to design around these issues or solutions that help in overcoming these issues are good topics.

I suggest you talk with your supervisor too, see what he or she is comfortable with, or what his or her field of interests are, and adjust your topic accordingly.

Brian

Joined Feb 13, 2007
sir
its on the master level, thanks so much for the information and suggestion.
the problem would be the supervisor,i dont have yet a supervisor that would assist me for this thesis, only few here in the philipines have expert in integrated circuit, and base on others experience they have adviser but it doenst help them much so its thier own way to finish a research.
i want someone could be my adviser would me teach know how and and guide me through this study,even he or she is abroad, well i guess its hard for me to find that one.

from your suggestion i will find better topic, sir if you have a suggestion for specific topic (masteral level) it would be a big help.

thanks so much..

God bless

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Masters Level = 1 year for you - correct?

My initial suggestion of implementing a dedicated hardware system for EM modelling is probably beyond your time constraints. Depending on your requirements, then you could look at the feasibility for such a proposal and make some qualitive suggestions based on an investigation of certain hardware architectures.

Dave

Brian

Joined Feb 13, 2007
yes sir 1 year, actually now i got only few months(5) for my thesis. and i only have limited resources, base on sir n9352527 suggestion and sir dave, i just formulating ideas but then i need further research and readings on this Integrated Circuit design, maybe im focusing on power and or clock skew, or looking for some better topics,a hardware study

please continue helping me more if ok for having a good topic and better thesis,like giving a link or reading material and possible source of information.

or possible my online adviser, it will help me a lot for the absence of my resources etc..

thanks and God bless

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
We can only offer advice as to what you could look at, ultimately you need to do the literature review to see if your thesis proposal is feasible. If you want to find what is currently ongoing in the electronic industry you should look at the new sections on the major professional institute (for example, this is the link for the IET in the UK). Are any of the articles here of use to get you thinking about what you want to do? Only then you can go away and look at the existing litertaure to find out what has been done, from there you can identify a niche and finally do some work towards the thesis. If you've only got 5 months, you are really going to need to pull your finger out, and I'll be impressed if you can get a Masters done in half a year.

Good luck.

Dave