Need help figuring what does this board do

KristianKiko

Joined Feb 29, 2020
I'm a beginner with electronics and i don't know what does this board do... I found it in an old pile, hope someone can help, thank you. 20200229_155414.jpg20200229_155515.jpg

sagor

Joined Mar 10, 2019
It seems to be some sort of power supply. The potentiometers on it have a "Volt" marking and what appears to be a current limit adjust as well.
The regulator on the left side is a 12V 1A regulator. This supply is probably a +12V supply and maybe some other voltages. These would likely be marked around the output connector at the bottom. The stuff on the right seems to be some status indicator (LED display)

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Welcome to AAC!
I'm a beginner with electronics and i don't know what does this board do...
It shouldn't come as a shock to you that it's extremely unlikely that anyone could look at a circuit board and discern it's intended function.

With the transformer, power transistor on a heat sink, and a potentiometer labeled volt, it probably has a power supply section. But that's unlikely to be the sole purpose.

KristianKiko

Joined Feb 29, 2020
I took it because i needed some of it's components, but it would be awesome if it can be used as a power supply. Thank you for the help!

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
it would be awesome if it can be used as a power supply.
There are a few problems here.
  1. You're inexperienced and it looks like you need to provide 120VAC to this board to make it work. Are you comfortable and competent working with line voltage?
  2. The board might have been discarded because it doesn't work.
  3. The board might have some modifications (like this wire):1582994804327.png

KristianKiko

Joined Feb 29, 2020
There are a few problems here.
  1. You're inexperienced and it looks like you need to provide 120VAC to this board to make it work. Are you comfortable and competent working with line voltage?
  2. The board might have been discarded because it doesn't work.
  3. The board might have some modifications (like this wire):
I've had some experience with 230VAC ( I live in europe ) and I'm comfortable working with it.
20200229_200626.jpg Only thing is I can't figure out where is the input and output...

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Only thing is I can't figure out where is the input and output...
I would suspect the terminal strip is the power end and the multi pin plugs are some kind of input sensor or control method..
Also there is a diag by the term strip for a POT and also something marked T which could be a sensor etc.
All sheer guess work at this point.
Max.

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
Just trace the circuit from the transformer primary and you will find the input connector. From the marking on the transformer primary it looks like the board was designed to work in a 3 phase environment as 220 volts would allow it to be connected phase to neutral and 380 volts would allow it to be connected phase to phase.

Les.