Need help decoding the attached circuit

MegaTruong

Joined Mar 3, 2015
Hi Guys,

I was hoping you guys can help explain what the attached circuit diagram means to me in a way I can understand. I am new to the world of electronics and plan on taking an electronics program in the Summer for my current employer. I work in the supply chain division right now but hope to jump into the the electronics department.

A friend of mine at work drew this diagram and wanted me to decode what it means. I was hoping you guys can help me out! I would like to know what every symbol means and what this circuit does.

Attachments

MegaTruong

Joined Mar 3, 2015
This is what I came up so far! The CEA is 1 of the three basic single stage bipolor junction transistors. The circuit consist of resistors, transistor, and an input and output. The common emitter amplifier can have very high gain from 1 transistor, the gain is increased by temperature and bias current which can be unpredictable. Adding resistor decreases the gain but increase linearity and stability.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
And thus you have your suspect circuit. It has resistors to determine a certain bias current, DC gain suppressed by the emitter resistor and AC gain enhanced by the capacitor.

Do we have you started?

MegaTruong

Joined Mar 3, 2015
Absolutely, glad you pasted the link for me. I was looking for the easy route and tried to get the quick answer but doing the independent research is so much more rewarding! Thanks

Joined Nov 30, 2010
One rule of school that is always true: You only get out of it as much as you put into it.

You want somebody to hand you the answers? You're going to come out of that class nearly as ignorant as when you went in. If you dig out the answers yourself, you will not only get the answer, you will pick up 5 new ideas that will save your butt next week.