Need help applying Ohm's Law to a circuit

jacbow2

Joined Oct 8, 2018
I had to make an RC Car from a kit i got off amazon. i need to apply Ohm's Law to it but i have no idea how to do that. Does anyone mind helping?

RC Kit i used:
Pica Toys Wooden Solar and Wireless Remote Control Car Robotics Creative Engineering Circuit Science Stem Building Kit - Hybird Power For Electric Motor - DIY Experiment For Kids, Teens and Adults
(Can't post link)

Attachments

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
No idea? Think a little more. Ohms law describes how a voltage appears across a resistance due to the flow of current through that resistance. There are lots of places where current is flowing in an RC car but consider where the biggest, easiest-to-measure current might be found.

jacbow2

Joined Oct 8, 2018
No idea? Think a little more. Ohms law describes how a voltage appears across a resistance due to the flow of current through that resistance. There are lots of places where current is flowing in an RC car but consider where the biggest, easiest-to-measure current might be found.
im sorry but not everyone has studied electronics

Ramussons

Joined May 3, 2013
I had to make an RC Car from a kit i got off amazon. i need to apply Ohm's Law to it but i have no idea how to do that. Does anyone mind helping?
Could you describe in a little more detail what you really want to do? "apply Ohm's Law" as such does not mean anything. Are you trying to find out the voltage required, or design / buy a power unit for the RC Car....?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012

RC Kit i used:
Pica Toys Wooden Solar and Wireless Remote Control Car Robotics Creative Engineering Circuit Science Stem Building Kit - Hybird Power For Electric Motor - DIY Experiment For Kids, Teens and Adults
(Can't post link)
A bit more detail would be helpful. I'm taking a guess here, but is this a situation where you are required to use this kit as part of a course and one of the requirements is to find a way to apply Ohm's Law to some aspect of it?

Not knowing anything about this kit or what it has, it's very difficult to make any specific suggestions. But the fact that it has something to do with solar and hybrid power I would imagine that you might want to measure the current coming out of the solar cells at some point. How might you do that?

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014

RC Kit i used:
(Can't post link)
Hi,

As others are asking, what is it that you need to apply Ohm's Law to?

It's not clear from your post what you need to do. Ohm's Law is all about current, voltage,and resistance.
Have you made any electrical measurements of anything yet?