Need Final Year Project Ideas

Saify

Joined Mar 29, 2019
Hi, my name is Saif and I am studying power engineering and I need some fyp ideas.
Please help me.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Hi, my name is Saif and I am studying power engineering and I need some fyp ideas.
Please help me.
Final year of what, grade school? Prison?

In other words, we need details about you and the requirements you need to meet.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Final year of what, grade school? Prison?

In other words, we need details about you and the requirements you need to meet.
Do they teach power engineering in grade school? In prison? Are we possibly being a bit harsh? Let's assume a post secondary institution until evidence shows otherwise. That said more details are better than fewer details.

drc_567

Joined Dec 29, 2008
... In North America, there has been some concern that active power lines are the cause of forest fires when they are broken or disconnected and fall down amid debris that is likely to ignite.
... One proposed solution is to somehow detect a power line breakage, at a central monitoring station, and in a very short time interval, de-energize the line, thereby removing a possible forest fire ignition source. ... So, it looks like the challenge is to somehow detect any interruption of current flow, or some other characteristic signature, at a distant monitoring station, and de-energize the line in a brief span of time, only a few milliseconds, before the broken cable falls to the ground.
... This problem may not be unique to North America, but is a serious concern here.

Last edited: