Need Circuit design to Switch Signal Line using Ardiuno

athulascc

Joined Aug 15, 2014
I have a signal line (assume MIC in , which has amplified)
I need to send that signal to another device
the passing or not passing depends on ardiuno output 1 & 0

this pdf show my circuit but it is really should not work

any Idea?

Attachments

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
For audio switching you could consider, as was mentioned, a quad switch that will allow signals that go negative. The LF13201 might work for you.

General Description
These devices are a monolithic combination of bipolar and
JFET technology producing the industry’s first one chip quad
JFET switch. A unique circuit technique is employed to maintain
a constant resistance over the analog voltage range of
±10V. The input is designed to operate from minimum TTL
levels, and switch operation also ensures a
break-before-make action.
These devices operate from ±15V supplies and swing a
±10V analog signal. The JFET switches are designed for applications
where a dc to medium frequency analog signal
needs to be controlled.
Ron

athulascc

Joined Aug 15, 2014
isnt there any circuit that do same thing other than this chip. i cant buy this here. or is my circuit correct? if i can use mosfet for this how?

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Go back and read post #3. Your audio signal will go above and below 0 volts. The circuit you posted will not work for this. If you want to switch audio read this link. Doing what you want to do while not complicated is not a simple as a single NPN transistor. Depending on your audio you could also likely use a small relay card like this one. The end result is No, your circuit won't work. You can build a circuit like what I linked to, you can use a switch like those linked to earlier or you can use a relay like I linked to. Those are your options.

Ron

alfacliff

Joined Dec 13, 2013
why not capacitor couple the signal? then you wouldnt need to worry about polarization. I have used bilateral switches to switch audio and video on several different projects, and they worked fine. also eliminates the pop you get when relay switching.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
why not capacitor couple the signal? then you wouldnt need to worry about polarization. I have used bilateral switches to switch audio and video on several different projects, and they worked fine. also eliminates the pop you get when relay switching.
Capacitor coupling will work fine and is used in a few of the circuits I linked to.

Ron

athulascc

Joined Aug 15, 2014
ok.
if signal is coming from 3.3v logic control from a walkie takie. it is set high coming from the walkie talkie.

in this case i think signal is not going into the negative.
so that what chip or circuit you suggest.

cheap single switch ic is best. but no problem other type.

tell me how to google to find that kind of ic. what is the comman name for them.

athulascc

Joined Aug 15, 2014
if it is analog then only AND gate is enough for switching?
is it good way to do
or should I use try state buffer?
which one is best