need circuit design help ?

treedog

Joined Apr 23, 2006
TY PAPA for you're keen insite lol. i just posted the same note to pebe
I'm thinking after looking at it that u are most likely correct about a faulty wire or solder joint. I'll just hold off on my switch design for now as its looking more like a faulty wire don't u agree?
ty ever so much for ur time
john

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Originally posted by treedog@Apr 26 2006, 11:42 AM
Its apparent to me that you did not view the video at least in its entirty,as at the very end both the owner and his freind were wiggling the switch left then right and it was intermittent. Its the 5:05 minute win media file just above the crash jpegs called Ultimate demise. and he mentioned the switch failure in his post.
[post=16567]Quoted post[/post]​
Yes, but articulating the switch with an intermittent wire connection might lead to the conclusion that it was the switch when in fact it was the wire or the solder joint that connected the wire to the switch.

Edit: last comment deleted since we crossed posts.

Yes, I agree that the initial conclusion may have been hasty and that further investigation is indicated.

Grant

Joined Mar 5, 2006
Originally posted by treedog@Apr 27 2006, 03:08 AM
I must admit i was a bit hasty also. Someone posted this like Papa and all. Just what i was looking for has already been built lol
What are the chances of that?
http://www.maxxprod.com/mpi/mpi-28.html#Miracle%20Switch
[post=16572]Quoted post[/post]​
Hi,
You have just admitted that your switch failure conclusion was hasty, yet you now want to spend $40 on a "miracle switch" when you know the switch wasn't the cause. It was a badly connected wire. If you have a badly connected wire problem at the line where the "miracle switch" set-up supply is, you will have exactly the same failure. I think you should be investigating why the bad connection- whether it be cold soldered joints (as mentioned in a previous post), loose cable lugs etc. Does the connection show signs of overheating? Is there excess current for the type of joint used? Why don't you tell us what you can see at this connection? Could it be that this switch was being operated sometimes "under load" of servo motors (hence overheating contacts and wire connections), when it is only designed current-wise to be an isolating switch, meaning not switched under load?
Cheers,
Grant

treedog

Joined Apr 23, 2006
We have it figured out Grant and papa suggested a simple back up switch in parralel and mounted vertically or in the reverse direction, and sealed wires with dope or hot glue would work just fine after that
thx john