need any feed back

phari4styx@sbcglobal.net

Joined Oct 21, 2005
I have a interesting problem with the electrical supply that runs in to my mobile home I found that one leg is almost missing it only measures 23v on my meter while the other leg is fine measuring 120v like it should the way that I started to investigate this was all the circuits for the kithen were not functioning I opend the panel inside the house (I guess you can also call it a sub panel sinse there two breakers located outside right under the edison meter) and found that one side of the buss bar was dead I tried to reset the breakers out side but still one leg was not supplying what it should I called the park manager he told me that the wrong breaker was installed I not sure but i dont think that has much to do with it the only thing i can think of is that maybee the sub feed is damaged somewhere and this is causing my problem. any ideas ,comments sugg,or advice would be greatly appreciated

Sebi

Joined Sep 24, 2005
Asssume, You live in US. The mains voltage 120V between neutral and one phase.
Investigate the missed phase with probe-bulb, multimeter show strange value on the long open wire.

sheldonstv

Joined Oct 20, 2005
[attachmentid=926]
Originally posted by Sebi@Oct 22 2005, 04:42 AM
Asssume, You live in US. The mains voltage 120V between neutral and one phase.
Investigate the missed phase with probe-bulb, multimeter show strange value on the long open wire.
[post=11185]Quoted post[/post]​
you may be limited to what you can do if the fault is on the sub supplying you-is anyone else affected ???Thing to do is (if you safely can do it)is gain access to where the supply enters your meter and check across phase and neutral and see what you get-(120v)...are any other circuits affected?lighting?if not then you may have to look at the distribution board(where ever it is...)and check the phase and neutral connections for your ring main that is affected-is it just that you have no power to one set of sockets with lighting and all other circuits working??
you may find you have a missing neutral-if it is at the sub you need to get someone in to rectify it.....