Need a voltmeter (voltage logger)

Jon Chandler

Joined Jun 12, 2008
You need a data logger or a volt meter with logging provision.

DC volts? AC volts? Resolution?

Taking a reading every second for a week is 604,800 readings. A data logger will need a fair bit of memory to store that many readings.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
I'd like to buy a low voltage meter and be able to record the data every second for about a week.
hi MS,
What are the details of the voltage you need to log.?
If it is a very slow voltage change, and you are recording the value once per second.
One method is to only record the time and voltage when there is a change from the previous voltage.

We need more details about the project if we are to give meaningful advice.

E

MSullivan

Joined Aug 26, 2022
hi MS,
If it is a very slow voltage change, and you are recording the value once per second.
One method is to only record the time and voltage when there is a change from the previous voltage.

E
It's a low voltage door bell. I just purchased the Hantek 365F. Now I just noticed the four wires and wonder if I need to purchase another Hantek. Not sure if the program will allow two instances of the program running or if it can handled a second set of inputs. I should have thought this out a bit more prior to buying things.

Attachments

MSullivan

Joined Aug 26, 2022
hi MS,

E
If the following happens again I want to record the data.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
OK you have a Hantek 365 F.
The Hantek-365B Data Logger will measure ac/dc voltage, ac/dc current, resistance and capacitance at regular, preset intervals and displays the result on a graph in the control software. This facilitates the identification of trends in data.
So what exactly are you wanting to do? You have a data logger in the Hantek.

If you just want a data logger for multi channel recording and don't need high resolution there are dozens out there to be had, some with memory and some relying on a PC. Here are a few examples. The starter kits include the basic software and can be recorded. There are other basic units which do the same thing and most are multi channel including single ended or differential inputs. Measurement Computing is another example. All a matter of exactly what you want to do including the parameters like signal levels.

Ron

bassbindevil

Joined Jan 23, 2014
Googling Arduino and logger should turn up many examples. In a pinch you can just dump values to the serial monitor and capture it on a PC. But if you need standalone operation, get a logger shield/module that includes RTC (real-time clock chip) and SD or uSD socket for a few bucks from ebay.
If you need more bits than the Arduino's internal ADC, there are ADC modules based on chips like the ADS1115 on ebay.

Last edited: