Need a simple potentiometer controlled variable frequency sine wave oscillator

ExtensionShoe

Joined Mar 22, 2020
Hey everyone for a university project i need to generate 2 sine waves:
1KHz-10KHz
20KHz-30KHz
I want to use a joystick which has 2 potentiometers to control the 2 sine wave generators' frequency.
I looked online and Wien bridge oscillator is everywhere but since it requires 2 resistors values to be adjusted at the same time i cant use it?

Is there a way for me to generate a sine wave wih the aforementioned frequencies

Thank you

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
Wien bridge is a beautiful sine wave generator... and you can do it but need a ganged potentiometer.

please attempt to do your homework before asking us to do it for you. There are a number of solutions and you get more out of it by researching and trying to solve it.

also this should be posted in Homework section

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Hey everyone for a university project i need to generate 2 sine waves:
1KHz-10KHz
20KHz-30KHz
I want to use a joystick which has 2 potentiometers to control the 2 sine wave generators' frequency.
I looked online and Wien bridge oscillator is everywhere but since it requires 2 resistors values to be adjusted at the same time i cant use it?

Is there a way for me to generate a sine wave wih the aforementioned frequencies

Thank you
Did you look into using digital potentiometers?

LvW

Joined Jun 13, 2013
Most harmonic oscillators are not single-tunable.
This is because we - of course - require that during tuning of the frequency the oscillation condition must not be disturbed or even destroyed.
However, there are some oscillator circuits that are tunable in frequency using one resistor only...but in most cases TWO opamps are necessary for each oscillator . Would this be a problem for you? There are some SRCO (single-resistor-controlled oscillators) based on one opamp only - however, they are not easy to design and the tuning range is more restricted if compared with two-opamp circuits.

Last edited:

ExtensionShoe

Joined Mar 22, 2020
Most harmonic oscillators are not single-tunable.
This is because we - of course - require that during tuning of the frequency the oscillation condition must not be disturbed or even destroyed.
However, there are some oscillator circuits that are tunable in frequency using one resistor only...but in most cases (in all cases ?) TWO opamps are necessary for each oscillator . Would this be a problem for you?
no of course not can you give some examples