My old data book collection

RichardO

Joined May 4, 2013
I have done an inventory of my collection of old data books. It numbers about 600 books at this time. There are still some stragglers that need to be added when I get the time.

See this thread for background:
http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/t...onductor-linear-applications-handbook.100301/

Since this is the Electronics Resource Forum I am going to make an offer to members of the AAC Forums. I am willing to scan a limited number of obscure data sheets (not entire data books) from my collection. All I ask is that you do not request data sheets that are already available on-line.

-- RichardO

Attachments

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I am requesting your permission to post your list on this forum rather than as an attachment.
It may prove handy to someone one day.

Lestraveled

Joined May 19, 2014
You are a very kind and generous person for offering this. More than once I have had the need for a data sheet that is no longer available. Just because a part is 20 years old (or more) does not make it irrelevant.

Thank you Richard

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
May I offer one more suggestion. When you scan the requested data sheet, can you please send me the pdf file so that it can be archived and hosted on the AAC server? We will have to check with jrap about copyright issues on copying data sheets.

Lestraveled

Joined May 19, 2014
Wow, a 1952 ARRL hand book. (I was born a year later.) I thought I was doing good with my 1963 ARRL handbook.

Again, Richard, Thank you.

RichardO

Joined May 4, 2013
Wow, a 1952 ARRL hand book. (I was born a year later.) I thought I was doing good with my 1963 ARRL handbook.
The handbook was a recent find. (I'm only a smidgen older than the book.) At the same time I got the ARRL handbook, I also found a 1954 (I think) TV Video handbook. As you can see, I am still catching up on my studies. :D

Thanks to J. B. Saunders!
Saunders is a new and used electronic parts supply store in Boulder, Colorado. They are kind enough to give away old data and technical books like this ARRL handbook. :):)

RichardO

Joined May 4, 2013
To seed the process I will start with 2 unusual data sheets.

The first one is a very early data sheet for a PIC microcontroller. Note what PIC stands for!

Next is a data sheet for what was, for a while, what I would consider the closest to a "ideal" op-amp. I especially like the application example for a high power audio amplifier.

Attachments

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Looking for the AN012 (It could be, maybe, AN12) explaining the internals of the ICL8038 or equivalent.

I do not know if it actually exists but in all versions of the AN013 (related to the 8038), it is mentioned.

Intersil, and IIRC Maxim. I know there are more.

Gracias for any help.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
I think I have a description of XR8038 somewhere.
Gracias for replying, Señor Chip.

The description is in the datasheet already.

What I am looking for is the elusive "AN012" specifically mentioned in the AN013.

Maybe it was never released or the AN012 is just the datasheet where the circuit is (summarily) explained.

Thanks again.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Gracias Bertus.

I got that one already. Question No. 11 is where AN012 is mentioned. It seems that I will not find it but I can live with that anyway. :( ;)

Thanks again and Happy New Year.

Last edited:

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Even when you go to the intersil site and search for the AN012, the AN013 pops up.
No AN012 to find.

Bertus

RichardO

Joined May 4, 2013
Looking for the AN012 (It could be, maybe, AN12) explaining the internals of the ICL8038 or equivalent.

I do not know if it actually exists but in all versions of the AN013 (related to the 8038), it is mentioned.

Intersil, and IIRC Maxim. I know there are more.

Gracias for any help.
I suspect that the reference to AN12 is not correct but I will check for it in my old data books and spec sheets.

I have attached my LTspice simulation of the ICL8038. This is the circuit right out of the data sheet. Maybe the simulation can help answer some of your questions.

ICL8038.png

Attachments

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
I suspect that the reference to AN12 is not correct but I will check for it in my old data books and spec sheets.

I have attached my LTspice simulation of the ICL8038. This is the circuit right out of the data sheet. Maybe the simulation can help answer some of your questions.

View attachment 78199
A google search will show the same sentences including "AN012" all coming from inside AN013.

THANKS for the model. :) How long it took you to assemble that?! :eek:

sheldons

Joined Oct 26, 2011
If there are any interesting audio/preamplifier type schematics in your arrl books or tx schematics they would be of interest. ....