Multitester PM8232 - Where is the fuse?

boblalux

Joined Oct 16, 2015
Multitester PM8232 - Where is the fuse?
Just purchased this lovely little Multimeter; the + is I can measure down to 1/10 of a µA, the -ve, only a maximum of 200mA.
BUT .... a question:
In the leaflet attached, one changes the fuse and batteries by removing the back cover, and DEureka, there they are!
In fact, from the photo attached, I cannot see any fuse.
Help!!

Attachments

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
You probably have to remove the plastic bezel, remove some screws and there should be a fuse mounted on the PCB.
(BTW, does it anywhere say that it actually is fused?)

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
Often the fuse is printed on the front by the probe inputs. This to indicate that the inputs are fused and if you input something too big, the fuse will break and disconnect the rest of the meter from this excessive input. Your meter has no mention of fuse at the inputs. I have a doubt that your have actual fuse on the pcb. You might have some MOV that act as fuses.

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
Often the fuse is printed on the front by the probe inputs. This to indicate that the inputs are fused and if you input something too big, the fuse will break and disconnect the rest of the meter from this excessive input. Your meter has no mention of fuse at the inputs. I have a doubt that your have actual fuse on the pcb. You might have some MOV that act as fuses.
There are some reviews that speak of a user replaceable fuse.

marcf

Joined Dec 29, 2014
Buy some spare fuses, and don't be surprised if they cost a lot more than the meter.

I am not sure what the replacement cost for a single fuse is in your case is, but one for my Fluke 87 exceeds the price of your entire meter.