Multisim

garyp

Joined Feb 17, 2006
Hi all

I am using multisim 8 and i am trying to simulate a power supply. when i check the electrical rules (ERC) it says a number of wires are not connected even though they are. is there a fix for this.

khanh

Joined Jan 6, 2006
Not sure where your error is ? but is your circuit still able to be simulated by click on run/stop simulation button??

I notice that one I click and check all the options in the ERC button, it produces the exact errors like you have but my circuit is still running ? probly you should uncheck all this options.

khanh

Joined Jan 6, 2006
Originally posted by khanh@Feb 18 2006, 07:19 PM
Not sure where your error is ? but is your circuit still able to be simulated by click on run/stop simulation button??

I notice that one I click and check all the options in the ERC button, it produces the exact errors like you have but my circuit is still running ? probly you should uncheck all this options.
[post=14158]Quoted post[/post]​
I mean the "flow though" options, but not the other. My multisim is off by default in those options.

khanh

Joined Jan 6, 2006
Originally posted by garyp@Feb 18 2006, 07:30 PM
the simulation runs at first then i get the error stating that some components are not connected.
[post=14160]Quoted post[/post]​
I never counter this error before. so why you don't post your circuit in multisim 8 extension (ms8), it may be the software that makes it failing in running. I can try and see if it happens to my system or not. better to have a full circuit around to try than having guesses and fail.

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
I don't use Multisim, but your schematic shows that some of the components are off grid (e.g., U1). Wires won't connect if this is the case. I suspect you placed some components while grid snap (or whatever they call it) was turned off. Check your options, if you have any. Also, see if it has an edit function like "force to grid".

khanh

Joined Jan 6, 2006
Gary, your circuit you sent me runs very smooth with no error??????????????
I wonder you've configure your multisim wrong but not sure where it is.Maybe you need to reinstall it to restore to default operation.

garyp

Joined Feb 17, 2006
Originally posted by khanh@Feb 21 2006, 05:08 AM
Gary, your circuit you sent me runs very smooth with no error??????????????
I wonder you've configure your multisim wrong but not sure where it is.Maybe you need to reinstall it to restore to default operation.
[post=14228]Quoted post[/post]​

really i will try and reinstall it and see if it works. thanks anyway.