Multisim - Parallel to Serial Converter

Tycrane

Joined Feb 26, 2017
Hey all, I'm a multisim newbie and trying to implement the 'transmit' part of the RS232 serial data transmission process. The circuit I made (10-bit parallel-in, serial-out register) is my attempt on making one but not sure if I'm heading the right way as the simulation shows the two inputs as just two straight lines (not working). The simulation that I'm trying to achieve is also attached to this post.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

10-bit parallel-in serial-out register attempt.png Project.png

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
There's no way we can tell what's going on in your circuit. Your simulation has signals that are not indicated on your schematic, so we have no idea which nodes you are actually looking at. What is node "15"? What is node "1"?

You have a signal "Clock_Int" with no indication that it is even a signal in your circuit at all and, if it is, which one.

You have floating nodes (nodes that only connect logic inputs and aren't driven by a logic output at all), you have nodes that are floating depending on which switches are closed or open and you have Vcc shorted to ground by one of your switches.

Tycrane

Joined Feb 26, 2017
My fault! Will update it with more indication and label them properly when I get to my PC with the software. And the circuit is incomplete, so I just need to do 'serial-out' bit in order for it to work (and clean up the mess)?

Tycrane

Joined Feb 26, 2017
I'd pay someone to do this project for me as I'm really desperate, PM me if you're interested, deadline is soon and I am swamped with work. :(

Gonna' update the circuit in a bit :'(