Multiplexers

Kelth

Joined Mar 4, 2008
Hey all, been reading this ebook constantly Since in my digital logic class the textbooks is a bit poor, it is Digital Design 4th edition by M. Mano, ISBN: 013198924. Well its a good book but it doesn't do the best job explaining some concepts that this ebook explains flawlessly.

However, a few nights ago I was in my class and it was brought up that one may use a multiplexer to implement a boolean expression. I didn't see any mention of that on the page that talks about multiplexers so I just thought I would bring it up since I think that maybe (or atleast I am told) it can be quite useful.

Thanks again :)

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
You are correct about the use of the technique. It is more often used in ASIC and FPGA designs than in board level designs using MSI chips.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Hey all, been reading this ebook constantly Since in my digital logic class the textbooks is a bit poor, it is Digital Design 4th edition by M. Mano, ISBN: 013198924. Well its a good book but it doesn't do the best job explaining some concepts that this ebook explains flawlessly.

However, a few nights ago I was in my class and it was brought up that one may use a multiplexer to implement a boolean expression. I didn't see any mention of that on the page that talks about multiplexers so I just thought I would bring it up since I think that maybe (or atleast I am told) it can be quite useful.

Thanks again :)
Thanks for the comments. As Volume IV continues to evolve then this may become part of the Multiplexer section, particularly if it has relevance in real applications.

Dave