Multiplexer with Boolean function.

photonxyz

Joined Feb 13, 2009
I would appreciate any help on this problem- I’ve been at it for quite a long time. The problem is as follows;

Implement the Boolean function F(w,x,y,z)=(z+(wx)’)’+w’x by using a SN74LS151 multiplexer.

I’ve attached a view of the multiplexer setup as assigned. The multiplexer has 8 inputs, D0 through D7, and three inputs- x,y and z.

My first step appears to be to minimize the Boolean function. The minimized function appears to be;

F=xz’+w’x

Now, the second step seems to be to create a Truth Table with the FOUR variables of the original function- w,x,y and z. One thing, I’m not sure about, is the W the LSB for the Truth Table?

I’m really lost on this problem. If anyone could point me in the right direction, or recommend some further reading for multiplexers, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Attachments

photonxyz

Joined Feb 13, 2009
OK, I think I solved the problem. If anyone can take a quick look and see if I did it correctly :) Thanks!

PS: The rules appear to be as follows

Rule1: If Y=0 both time a given data is selected by a certain combination of the input variables A3A2A1, connect the data input to ground(0)

Rule2: if Y=1 both time a given data is selected by a certain combination of the input variables A3A2A1, connect the data input to +V

Rule3:if Y is different the two times a given data input is selected by a certain combination of the input variables, A3A2A1, and if Y=A0, connect the data input to A0.

Rule4: Y is different the two times a given data input is selected by a certain combination of the input variables, A3A2A1, and if Y=A0', connect the data input to A0'.

Attachments