Multiple users denied access to AAC -- Posable Hack...?

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
Respectfully, to whom it may concern:

I, and at least three other users, have been receiving the following error when attempting to access this site:

"checking your browser before accessing allaboutcircuits.com"

Speaking for myself only -- experimentation has shown that access is granted only following activation of Flash and LSOs --- an entirely unacceptable solution from a security standpoint! - I cannot speak for the other effected members/users of whom I am aware (with whom I've been in email contact) inasmuch as they refuse to enable flash (or, as I understand it, disable "no-script")

Please advise:
Is the described 'symptom' issue of legitimate activity on the part of this site?
If yes...
When is return to 'normal' accessibility anticipated?

Again, I wish to stress the point that this is not a 'logon' issue but, rather a site access issue...

Please advise ASAP inasmuch as this 'sitting duck' business is giving me the 'Heebie-jeebies':eek:

Many thanks for your attention to this matter!:)

Best regards
HP

Last edited:

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
Our server was in "Emergency Mode" as we were under a DDos attack. This mean't that EVERY user was validated by CloudFlare in an effort to block any of the attackers. Everything is back to normal as of ~15 minutes ago.

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
Our server was in "Emergency Mode" as we were under a DDos attack. This mean't that EVERY user was validated by CloudFlare in an effort to block any of the attackers. Everything is back to normal as of ~15 minutes ago.
Many, many thanks for your prompt, informative reply!:):):)

Very best regards
HP

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Ship happens. Didn't bother me. I assumed it would straighten in out in an hour or so.
Years of frequenting here have taught me the Internet isn't always perfect.
If it lasts for 3 days, I might mention it.

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
Ship happens. Didn't bother me. I assumed it would straighten in out in an hour or so.
Years of frequenting here have taught me the Internet isn't always perfect.
If it lasts for 3 days, I might mention it.
What can I say?:oops: -- Another user recently told me (in so many words) that I'm 'too intense' -- Methinks y'all might be on to something!:eek::D:)

Taking deep breaths and anti-hypertensives:rolleyes:

Best regards
HP:)

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Sometimes I wonder who's been all up in your case so much that you try so hard to be perfect!
Let me Zen you:

I used to spend 90% of my energy on the last 10% of trying to be perfect. When I figured out I never could be perfect, those 90% were much better spent on being happy. :)
Anybody that doesn't like it isn't my friend, so circular form of an inclined plane to them.