Multiple Bluetooth Transmitters to One Receiver

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Is it possible to have multiple Bluetooth transmitters connected to one receiver?

Will only one transmitter work? Or will the audio be mixed by the receiver?

Ramussons

Joined May 3, 2013
You can have a single bluetooth receiver connected to many bluetooth transmitters - ONE at a time. Like a bluetooth speaker connecting to many phones, but one at a time.
Connecting a single BT receiver to many BT transmitters is not possible on the fly.
But one can work out a Time Division Multiplexing technique to make it possible.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
What’s your goal, DJ?
To have multiple Bluetooth transmitters and one receiver...

There will be multiple animatronics in a scene. Each has multiple files of voice clips, which they play. The sound is processed at the animatronic to control the figure. It must also be sent wirelessly to a sound system to be narrow cast within a 4’x10’ area. This sound is balanced between two channels internally and sent to two Bluetooth receivers to appear to come from somewhere, left to right, within the 10’ width. There will also be multiple scenes.

I could also transmit the sound via WiFi since it exists. Or while undesirable, wire everything together.

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
I've seen this work dj... you can have 1 master and multiple slaves in BT (the example I was was using the simple HC-05!)... I never figured out how and would love to do this... I have a project that would benefit.

It's called a piconet and that's about as far as I got.

try this... hit google translate... he's suceeded:
https://www.saibatudomt.com.br/2018...uino-utilizando-o-modulo-bluetooth-hc-05.html

the other example I've found is a mesh... didn't make it to that presentation...

Last edited:

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
I've seen this work dj... you can have 1 master and multiple slaves in BT (the example I was was using the simple HC-05!)... I never figured out how and would love to do this... I have a project that would benefit.

It's called a piconet and that's about as far as I got.

try this... hit google translate... he's suceeded:
https://www.saibatudomt.com.br/2018...uino-utilizando-o-modulo-bluetooth-hc-05.html

the other example I've found is a mesh... didn't make it to that presentation...
Thanks... I translated the page and downloaded the code. Will review later.

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
Would love to know how it goes... I have a 5 year project that could benefit from something similar but secure... Back to work on my silly little projects at the moment...