Multi input multi ouput voltage to pwm converter

GRS26

Joined Jan 17, 2021
Hello,
Does anyone know of a module that can multiple voltage inputs, eight inputs would be ideal but it works good with four too, and converter all of those into multiple pwm signals? I tried researching but max I found was two voltage inputs

GRS26

Joined Jan 17, 2021
Hello, sorry if my text was confusing,
Basically, I want to convert voltage signal to pwm. But I don't want to convert a single voltage signal, I want to convert eight. It would be better if I could find a converter that could do eight signals, or two that can make four signals, instead of using eight converters, due to space constraints in my project

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Hello, sorry if my text was confusing,
Basically, I want to convert voltage signal to pwm. But I don't want to convert a single voltage signal, I want to convert eight. It would be better if I could find a converter that could do eight signals, or two that can make four signals, instead of using eight converters, due to space constraints in my project
You probably need to do it with an FPGA or alternatively a processor with enough PWM outputs. As I understand what you are asking you want an A/D converter to sample the analog level and use that level to create a PWM output proportional to that level. Did I get that right?

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Think about using a micro-processor like the Atmega 2560 or if you want an off the shelf solution a small board like an Arduino Mega 2560. That or as suggested a FPGA (Field Programmable Gate Array) and a Google of FPGA Development Boards should get you plenty of hits.

Ron

jeffl_2

Joined Sep 17, 2013
I have no idea why you're asking for this because this isn't "something most people ask for" so I don't think anyone makes a module for this. I mean within accuracy limits you could do this in analog, you could start with a 555 timer chip wired to generate a simple voltage ramp, if you take a quad comparator like an LM339 and feed that ramp into one side of each comparator then you use the remaining inputs for your voltages then the comparator outputs would be PWMs. I thought at first you were looking for a function like the PCA9685 chip which will give you 16 PWM outputs but you program it through its I2C input, there are inexpensive modules all over the place like on AliExpress but you will need to write software to get it to work.