Multi-channel Extreme Value Detection

Nick Long

Joined May 12, 2020
Hi everyone!
Is there a circuit scheme that can realize the peak detection for multiple channels simultaneously? I do not want to add a peak detector for each channel, which will cost a lot of components and energy.
Hope someone can give a good idea. Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Nick

1.png
2.png

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi Nick,
Your LTS plot shows 3 sine waves with phase shift, how can you measure the peak for multiple channels 'simultaneously', if the peaks are not in phase.
Perhaps I am missing your point.
How many channels.?

Please post your asc file.
E

Hi everyone!
Is there a circuit scheme that can realize the peak detection for multiple channels simultaneously? I do not want to add a peak detector for each channel, which will cost a lot of components and energy.
Hope someone can give a good idea. Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Nick

View attachment 232015
View attachment 232016
Thanks for the update and quick reply. I'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread. Bumped into your thread. Thanks for creating it. Looking forward for solution.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nick Long

Joined May 12, 2020
hi Nick,
Your LTS plot shows 3 sine waves with phase shift, how can you measure the peak for multiple channels 'simultaneously', if the peaks are not in phase.
Perhaps I am missing your point.
How many channels.?

Please post your asc file.
E
Thanks for your reply. I mean I want to use only one OpA to detect the peak values of all channels. Currently, I use OpA for each channel, which means the number of OpA equals the number of channel. The red line in the figure below shows the idea waveform I want to realize. Every small pulse indicates the peak value of the specific channel.
3.jpg

Attachments

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Thanks for your reply. I mean I want to use only one OpA to detect the peak values of all channels. Currently, I use OpA for each channel, which means the number of OpA equals the number of channel. The red line in the figure below shows the idea waveform I want to realize. Every small pulse indicates the peak value of the specific channel.
I may misunderstand because your goal seems impossible on its face but are you saying you want to combine the three channels into one and somehow differentiate the peaks from the single signal?

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
So you don't care which channel has the highest peak voltage or it's value, you just want to know when a peak occurs?
What are you doing with this peak signal information?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I just want to optimize my circuit for reducing the power consumption and electronics number.
I can understand the reduction in "electronics numbe" (component count) which can be measured in various ways. Let's talk about the measurement you are using e.g. board area, package count, or other to see if there are alternatives. When it comes to power consumption, can we put some numbers on it? I'd be surprised if we were talking about so much as a watt. Hardly worth the deployment of mental energy.

That said you might be considering operation from a battery (suggested by the 1.8 V supply rail) where picking microwatts can be a useful exercise. As is almost always the case you need to supply more information about what your goals and requirements are.

The LTC6702 is a dual comparator in a TSOT-23 package. Have you looked for a quad comparator package? How about a mixed signal FPGA? (i'm not even sure one of theses exists).

Last edited: